The organisation started with a turnover of Rs.0.65 lakh in the year 1956-57 with 5 regular staff on its roll. It had a steady growth overtime achieving a climax of turnover of Rs.116.00 crore in 2018-19.
At present, the prime objectives of Boyanika are as follows:
1. To organise and develop the Handloom Industries in Odisha and to create market for Odisha Handwovens in and outside the state.
2. To prove sustainable livelihood of around 30,000 weavers and like no. of allied workers of the state indirectly by providing them the marketing support, technological intervention, design development support etc.
3. To procure the handloom products of its member societies (PWCS), SHGs, Master Weavers & individual awardee weavers and to sale the same in and outside the state.
4. Production of export oriented handloom fabrics to popularize and establish the Odisha Handwovens in international market.
5. To organize National Handloom Expos, Special Handloom Expos and Buyer Seller Meet to provide common platform for the weavers of the State for marketing of Odisha Handwovens.